What is Palm Beach Virtual School?
- Palm Beach Virtual serves Palm Beach County residents.
- Palm Beach Virtual has full and part time options.
- When a student chooses Palm Beach Virtual the revenue STAYS in Palm Beach County.
- Palm Beach Virtual teachers are highly qualified and state certified teachers who work for the Palm Beach County School District.
Why do students choose full-time virtual school?
Most full-time virtual students fall into one of the following categories:
- Advanced learners looking for an academic challenge
- Middle and high schooler students interested in getting a head start on their college education
- Military families wanting consistency in their child’s education despite frequent relocation
- Athletes, musicians, actors and students pursuing their dreams while in school
- Those homebound or undergoing medical treatments who want to continue with their public school education
How is full-time virtual school similar to traditional school?
Online public schools are just like traditional schools in the sense that they:
- Do not charge tuition
- Serve students in grades K-12
- Use state-certified teachers
- Follow state requirements for standards and assessments
- Result in a high school diploma upon completion
How is full time virtual school different from traditional school?
- Students receive personalized support and have control over the time, place and pace at which they work.
- Classes do not take place in a building but rather at home, on the road, or wherever an Internet connection can be found
- Students take courses online.
- Parents and students communicate with their teacher via online classrooms, e-mail, text and phone.
- These schools are full time, and follow a traditional school year. You can expect that your child will spend 5 to 7 hours per day on coursework.
Why do students choose to enroll in courses part-time with Palm Beach Virtual School?
- To complete the online course requirement for graduation.
- To have access to courses not available at their school site.
- To accelerate their learning.
- For grade forgiveness of a course previously taken and failed.