What are the characteristics of a full-time K-12 student at Palm Beach Virtual School?
• independent learner
• great communicator
• effective time manger
The format of the full-time online experience lends itself to the self-motivated and diligent student.
How do students enroll in a course?
- Students navigate to palmbeachvirtual.org and click on the Middle School or High School tab at the top of the page.
- Students will see "Click Here to Enroll in Courses" (under part-time).
- Then, the Subject list comes up with courses.
- Once the student chooses the course, directions pop up to enroll with FLVS franchise, Canvas, or Edgenuity.
7004 Completions A13 coding
Palm Beach Virtual courses are taught one segment at a time and can be taken any time of the school year, 1st or 2nd semester. When a student takes and completes a course with Palm Beach Virtual School 7004 it will have a 1 or 2 on the end on A13 to indicate which segment was completed.
Full and Part Time
What is FLVS (0600/71) and Franchise at Palm Beach (7004/50) ?
Florida Virtual School is the state initiated 20+ year old online courseware provider based out of Orlando.
Palm Beach Virtual School is a franchise of FLVS.
- The courses are the same
- PBV teachers are trained by FLVS.
|FLVS - District 71
0600 for high school courses
0500 for middle school courses
|Franchise of FLVS at Palm Beach - District 50
7004 - FLVS franchise courses
7006 - PB created online courses
7023 - VIP courses/PB teachers
|FLVS serves the entire state of Florida and has Global for profit schools.||PBV serves Palm Beach County residents only.|
|FLVS has full and part time options.||PBV has full and part time options.|
|When a student selects FLVS the revenue FTE LEAVES the district and goes to Orlando.||When a student chooses PBV the revenue STAYS in PBC.|
|School’s data processor enters the grade in TERMS||PBV data processor enters the course on the A10 and completion on the A13 in TERMS.|
|FLVS teachers are state certified and work year-round.||PBV teachers are school district CTA teachers and work the school calendar schedule.|
For more information, contact Juli Davis at PX 76135 or 561.366.6135 or at Juliana.email@example.com
Full Time at School Site
Blended learning combines live, face-to-face learning with self-paced online learning. A teacher at the school site is the teacher of record and Palm Beach Virtual assists in customizing the courses.
Blended options at a glance
|Edgenuity Blended Learning Courses||Canvas Fully Online or Blended Learning Courses|
|Government Regular/Honors||Personal Fitness (9th – 11th)|
|Economics w/ Financial Literacy Regular/Honors||Engaged Citizenship through Service Learning (10th – 12th) complete 30 hrs.|
|Career Research and Decision Making||Writing 1 (8th – 10th)|
|Critical Thinking and Study Skills||Fitness Lifestyle Design (9th – 11th)*|
|Health Life Management Skills||African-American History Honors (10th-12th)*|
What is Canvas ?
Canvas is a Learning management system (LMS) that is easy to use with modern interface.
- Rubrics tied to state standards.
- Canvas offers original credit and blended learning.
- Students register for courses at www.palmbeachschools.org/virtualschool/
- Canvas teacher sends monthly progress report to parents.
- PBVS data processor enters the course on A10 TERMS and completion grade in TERMS A13
For information about Canvas, contact Juliana Davis at PX 76135 or 561.366.6135 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Full and Part Time
What is Edgenuity?
Edgenuity courses feature rigorous, standards-based instruction and powerful interactive tools that support learning. Engaging multimedia and real-world applications ensure students build content knowledge and essential skills.
- Edgenuity offers original credit, credit recovery and blended learning opportunities.
- PBVS data processor enters the grade in TERMS for original credit courses.
- Zone school data processor enters the grade in TERMS for Credit Recovery courses
- Teachers submit grades through GradeQuick for Blended Learning courses
For more information about Edgenuity, contact Heidi Putre at PX 51307 or 561.752.1307 or at email@example.com